No matter what compartment I open I find myself STILL DOWNSIZING!
So in the midst of bags of stuff, destined for places that take stuff, I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on the process of downsizing...... just in case you have plans for a smaller home someday (or are considering a stretch of time in an RV)
* It's never too soon to start - we've been at this for 5 years, and were astonished by how much stuff was still piled up for dispatch during the last week in the house! Start now!
* Donate as much as you can, and challenge yourself to find small local charities, not just the big national ones.....especially charities that provide collection services.
* buy an E-reader - and use it.
* Plan on several LARGE yardsales, and make those prices low !! and if that doesn't work, try "FREE"
* Make friends with a local handyman - he may be thrilled to make a home for the mountains of junk that accumulated in the workshop
* We finally decided to rent a VERY SMALL storage unit (5x10) for all the precious stuff that just can't be given away and couldn't be squeezed into the RV (and I tried really hard)
|equal this ???? We're still not sure..|
* So take the Pledge that from now on you must make it your personal mission to avoid the occasion of sin - no matter how tempting, cute or well priced! Or at least use the "one in- one out" rule.
and remember... Downsizing is NEVER over!
Posted from our over-flowing and most certainly over-weight 30' RV. with love to you all !!